RCI-ITCS4-9267A / Brooklyn, NY 11201 / Part-Time (35 hours per week)
- Perform GIS data tasks to prepare the Citywide Street Centerline (CSCL) geodatabase and the 911 Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) for NG911 GIS initiatives. These geodatabases are an essential public safety resource which supplies data that directly supports 911 call taking, dispatching, provides a geographic data for operational needs, and will be the primary geographic data source for provisioning Next Generation 911 with GIS data.
- Specific job duties will include:
- Assist with Master Street Address Guide (MSAG)-CSCL Address reconciliation project. This is a Next Generation 911 specific project that is required to prepare the City’s GIS address data for location validation in a NG911 system.
- Validate CSCL and MSAG datasets critical to 911 and public safety: Address Points, Common Places, Subway and Rail features, NYPD Call Boxes and LinkNYC.
- Coordinate directly with NYPD, FDNY, FDNY EMS, DCP, DOT, DSNY, NYCHA and other city agencies.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
- At least 2 years of experience in a particular technical and/or business application, product, platform, methodology.
- Experience designing solutions based on customer needs and technical considerations.
- Experience analyzing tasks, structures and requirements to provide solutions.
- Analytical expertise in complex environments, technologies and processes.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as GIS Analyst using ArcSDE and SQL Server.
- Experience in the following technology areas: GIS, Public Safety systems.