CLIMS-HCS Applications are a suite of applications hosted on the NYSDOH’s Health Commerce System (HCS) that support the Wadsworth Center’s Laboratory Information Management System (CLIMS). These applications are the primary interface between Wadsworth Center as the NYS Public Health Laboratory and the health community service providers when they are seeking specimen testing and test results.
The expert programmer will provide application development and support for the suite of applications supporting the Remote Order Entry (ROE).
- Design and code from requirements and functional specifications;
- Analyze, evaluate, test, debug, document, and implement Java applications.
- Work with staff to ensure smooth and correct operations of any code or web services used by the application.
- Produce technical and user documentation as requested.
- Any other tasks necessary for completion of project deliverables and application support.
- Provide technical solutions for large scalable designs.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Communicate with programmatic units to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Creates computer software. May specialize in one area of computer software or may write code for many kinds of software.
Expert 84+ Months
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months of experience with coding web technologies in a JEE environment, including Servlets, JSP, Java/J2EE, HTTP, HTML, XML, SQL, JDBC and application servers.
- 84 months of experience with Model-View-Controller pattern and common frameworks such as Spring.
- 84 months experience with Oracle database servers and PL/SQL. Experience should include creating stored procedures, triggers, and other objects.
- 36 months experience with RESTful web service development.
- 36 months experience with Java Server Faces, preferably PrimeFaces.