Working on site at the Schenectady, NY location the consultant will be expect to:
- Assist the Database team with various ongoing tasks, including but not limited to database installation, configuration and hardening, backup validation, performance tuning, replication setup, and general database monitoring, as well as recommend best practices and procedures;
- Install, upgrade and maintain Oracle 11g and 12c database on AIX, including backup and recovery;
- Allocating storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system;
- Work with teams of application programmers, system architects to create solutions to meet business goals;
- Provide support for internal users and external data exchange partners;
- Perform optimization and tuning activities, including capacity planning, tracking historical usage, trending future resource needs, and modifying resource allocations as needed;
- Provides recommendations on technical architecture;
- Provides recommendations on Oracle Advance Security including TDE, Oracle Wallet and remote authentication;
- Provides hands-on training and mentoring for other database administrative staff.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Job Title Category: Database Administrator
- Responsible for data analysis and database management
- Maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning
Skill Level: Expert; 84+ Months Experience
Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- 84 months experience as Oracle DBA in AIX/Unix environment. This experience includes: database implementations, upgrades, conversions and consolidations, database compliance, security, and auditing including Oracle Advanced Security, remote authentication, and Oracle wallet configuration.
- 84 months of experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) and Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Security.
- 42 months of experience implementing and maintaining Oracle 11gR2 RAC on AIX.
- 42 months experience installing/maintaining/tuning databases that support OBIEE and Oracle Business Intelligence Application software.
- 42 months experience with the administration and support of the Oracle SIEBEL environment (excluding experience in maintaining the user interface), Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BIP) and Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) using Loqate on AIX.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.