Under the supervision of a PMO staff, the Project Manager will work with ITS and DPS project teams in the development and implementation of multi-faceted, high visibility projects.
Activities will include but not be limited to:
- Facilitating successful completion of IT projects by working across project team boundaries in a matrix environment to secure resources, resolve issues, and set project timeline and milestones.
- Prepare and manage Project Management Plan including but not limited to: scope statement, schedule, budget, quality plan, risks, issues and communication plan, etc) Prepare and deliver executive-level reports and documents including presentations, proposals and training materials;
- Track Project performance to ensure goals are being met;
- Identify and facilitate communications with stakeholder groups;
- Utilize formal project change process and communicate all changes with all stakeholders;
- Communication of project status and updates at all levels of organization, with internal stakeholders, project team and executive staff;
- Coordinate with Agency Executives, project team members, ITS portfolio staff, ITS Enterprise staff and other stakeholders; Identify and mitigate project risks; escalate and resolve issues impacting project success;
- Provide weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly status updates using established standards, tools and procedures; Coordinate with ITS Chief Technology Office and Chief Portfolio Office as needed;
- Develop transition plan(s) and execute those plans to ensure orderly transition to ITS Enterprise Operations including proper mentoring and training as needed to ensure successful transition.
Expert Project Manager:
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Expert 84+ Months:
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 24 months of project management experience leading enterprise wide business initiative in a state or federal regulatory environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent PM credential/education/relevant experience.
- 48 months experience in managing more than one interdependent Information Technology (IT) projects for the public sector/government from initiation through closeout.
- 84 months experience managing complex, cross-functional, multi-year IT projects including oral and written communications with all stakeholders; with a focus on application development, vendor software implementation and/or technology infrastructure projects.
- 84 months experience developing and maintaining project artifacts including scope, charter, budget, schedule, resource, and communication plans using standard PM methodologies and tools.
- 84 months experience managing and implementing projects utilizing industry standard software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid.