The technical consultant services requested are integral to the support and maintenance of the Automate The Schools (ATS) database system. ATS is a critical application used in student data capture – inclusive of enrollments, attendance, discharge, immunization, transportation, and graduation. The ATS application is an integral data conduit in the interoperability between other student-related systems including special education, grade books, attendance, and pupil transportation. ATS is developed in the Model 204 user language developed in support of high volume transactional databases and, as such, requires specialized skills
Under the supervision of the Application Development Director, the Programmer will assists in development functions as defined by stated business need.
- Assists in requirements gathering activities as it related to ATS functions.
- Analyzes requirements and proposes file and screen usage designs.
- Utilizing the M204 user language develops software to meet business owner requirements.
- Creates meaningful test data, engages in unit testing, error corrections, and quality control activities.
- Evaluates system performance. Recommends efficiency improvements.
- Assists in the transfer of knowledge of business programming and business logic to other non-M204 development teams.
- Plays a critical role in data exchanges between systems including the utilization of message broker technologies.
Agency is a predominantly a Microsoft Shop
Creates computer software. May specialize in one area of computer software or may write code for many kinds of software.
Expert (84 +Months)
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 Months of experience programming in TSO and RACF
- 84 Months of technical experience in Model 204 development.
- 24 Months of experience in systems analysis
- 24 Months of experience in troubleshooting and resolving user issues
- 12 months of experience with Janus, Janus Soap and or Json.