- iPRS (Integrated Policy Renewal), EPS(Earned Premium) System In-house developed transaction processing system for Workers Compensation and Disability Insurance Premium calculations using NYCIRB guidelines and regulations for both advance and earned premium types. It consists of the following main modules – Declarations, Renewals, Rebills, Audits, Audit rescind and Audit adjustments. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
- Billing and Collection System In-house developed web application for Billing and Collection with functionalities to process cash, refund, journal entries, non- payment cancellations and reinstatements. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
- PayGo (Pay as You Go) System In-house developed Pay as You Go web based online system for tracking of premium payment made directly by the payroll vendors for the enrolled policies. Keeping track of premium payments variance with respect to the initial policy renewal estimates. Reporting data to business users for various PayGo related metrics. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
- Disability and Paid Family Leave System In-house developed online web and batch system for administration and maintenance of Disability Policies. The system consists of modules like New Business, Entity and Location Maintenance, Renewal, Auditing of policy payrolls, real time Premium Computation, Broker Maintenance, Cancellation and Re-instatement of policies. The system is integrated with the New York State Paid Family Leave system that was initiated effective Jan 1st, 2018. The system incorporates combined premium billing for both the Disability & Paid Family Leave modules of a policy. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
- Diaries and workload distribution System In-house developed Integrated Diary & workload distribution system that tracks manual Underwriters review for various modules of Underwriting Systems. The system automatically distributes workload based on parameters provided by the business users. The system allows redistribution of work based on delays or enhanced workloads. The system is closely integrated with the Underwriting modules to close the workload diaries based on the activities done by underwriters on various online modules. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
- Batch Transaction Reporting Modules for Brokers and Payroll agencies Batch system that tracks policies for activities and reports data to brokers enrolled in programs for direct feed on daily basis in .al3 format. The reporting system is also incorporated for payroll agencies enrolled for Pay as you go programs. Tasks include systems enhancements and production fixes.
The duties of the consulting resources would be to plan, create, modify, test and implement code in support of any of the following:
- Develop Oracle stored procedure, packages, and triggers to integrate in-house application with cloud-based software
- Develop batch application using .net, oracle
- Develop with modern web development frameworks.
The consultant will adhere to NYSIF’s application development standards, including, but not limited to, project management methodology, SDLC (software development life cycle), Enterprise Architecture standards and the IT governance process.
Expert Systems Architect
Defines the architecture of a computerized system (i.e., a system composed of software and hardware) in order to fulfill certain requirement, including a breakdown of the system into components, the component interactions and interfaces (including with the environment, especially the user), and the technologies and resources to be used in the design.
Expert: 84 months+
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 36 months with Planview PPM Pro (formerly Innotas)
- 84 months experience in design, development and implementation of software for Workers’ Compensation and Disability insurance to analyze and process premium calculations using algorithm following NYS Compensation Insurance Rating Board (NYCIRB) guidelines and regulations
- 60 months experience in design, development, implementation and support of workers’ compensation and disability insurance software to generate and process Policy Renewals and Rebills, CIRB Estimated Experience Ratings and Policy Audits
- 48 months experience with ACORD AL3 data format and transformation, ETL tools for Underwriting and Claims applications
- 84 months experience with Oracle PL/SQL utilizing Packages, Types, Objects, Triggers and Advanced Queuing
- 48 months experience as a .Net application developer - TFS, visual studio with visual studio 2010 or newer
- 48 months experience with C# .Net on web services
- 48 months experience with XML