Child Care Facility System
The Child Care Facility System (CCFS) will continue to meet the needs of the Division of Child Care Services (DCCS) throughout 2020, 2021 and 2022. The Division seems to be moving in some new directions due to changing priorities as well as the dictates of changing statutory and regulatory requirements.
- 1. Modifications and new features within CCFS to support the new CCDBG regulations. Some of the anticipated areas affected are serious injury reporting, background checks, safety assessments, and inspections for Legally Exempt programs.
- 2. Changes within CCFS to support integration with the Child Care Facility Application and Management System.
- 3. Potentially will be developing an integrated public child care web search incorporating both CCFS facilities and NYC Group Day Care programs
- 4. Development of an Enforcement component of the system
- 5. Development of a Pre-K indicator and potentially a web service with NYS DOE
- 6. Redesigning the renewal training component of CCFS, including the creation of a web service to interface with the Aspire system operated by CUNY.
- 7. Continuing the re-write of the application into .Net from PowerBuilder. This effort has been ongoing but is a multi-phased project that is expected to span multiple fiscal years. The current projected completion date is 2024.
- 8. The Legally Exempt portion of CCFS will need to undergo rather extensive enhancements, to accommodate issues identified from user experience and Federal mandates coming to bear on the NYS subsidy program.
Day to day tasks to be performed by the selected candidate:
- 1. Assume the role as Lead Analyst for CCFS
- 2. Documenting business rules for the .Net conversion.
- 3. Designing the test plan and conducting testing of the code.
- 4. Interact with both users and the members of the development team.
- 5. Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure that the work is done in a timely way consistent with the Project Plan.
- 6. Support the child care provider applications, ensuring that regulatory changes impacting the content of these documents is completed and that the automatic generation of the applications continues.
Expert Software Analyst
Studies the software application domain, prepares software requirements, and specification documents. Liaises between the software users and the software developers. Conveys the demands of software users to the developers. Skills include: working knowledge of software technology; computer programming experience/expertise; general business knowledge; problem solving/reduction skills; interpersonal relation skills; flexibility and adaptability.
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience writing technical/business specification for complex applications.
- 60 months experience in writing test plans & cases and performing unit & regression testing.
- 84 months experience facilitating meetings with users to identify & gather business needs, business rules & complex security requirements
- 48 months experience working with regulatory changes impacting the content of requirement documents and ensuring that changes are completed, and that the automatic generation of the application continues.
- 24 months working with.Net applications
- Bachelor’s Degree.