This is a hands–on technical assignment working at the New York State Police Forensic Investigation Center Biological Sciences Laboratory. Responsibilities include support for desktop and peripheral hardware, Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) and biological science laboratory specific software, and network connectivity.
The individual selected for this position will carry out all IT support efforts directed by the designated Information Technology Service personnel assigned to the New York State Police. The position will fill staff augmentation role within the Laboratory System at the Forensic Investigation Center Biological Sciences Laboratory. The candidate will provide service under all of the laboratory’s policies, guidelines and operations.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess, diagnose and resolve a wide variety of computer issues both hardware and software related.
- Perform hardware repairs on PCs and laptops when necessary, replace parts as needed.
- Work directly with ITS staff to develop, test and apply configurations to the DNA laboratory information management system (DLIMs) following all standards, guidelines and current processes.
- Review and determine solutions to staff software needs and problems.
- Assist users with backing up data and the migration to new hardware. 6. Maintain accurate hardware asset information.
- Provide end user training in general computer use and specific software platforms.
- Research new technologies.
- Conduct end user needs assessments for new technology
- Support printers, multifunction devices, and various other peripherals.
Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Groupwise, Citrix, Laboratory Information Management (LIMS), GeneMapperID, TrueAllele, OpenLAB
Workstations: HP, DELL, MAC Instrumentation: Applied Biosystems Genetic Analyzers, Real-Time PCR Systems, Perkin Elmer Multiprobe Robots Peripherals: Zebra Barcode Label Printers, Symbol/Motorola Barcode Scanners, Canon and Lexmark Multifunction Devices
Mid-Level IT Specialist
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
36-60 months (Mid-Level)
Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance.
- 48 Months of experience troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft Windows XP and higher operating systems.
- 48 Months of experience working with and supporting Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and higher.
- 36 months experience writing scripts and modifying existing programs to add or fix functionality.
- 48 months experience supporting and repairing printers and multifunction devices.
- 48 months experience creating or updating system support and end user documentation.
- 48 months of experience troubleshooting and supporting Citrix, VPN and wireless networking.
- 24 months experience working in a criminal justice secured environment with access to highly sensitive data
- 48 months experience working in and supporting a mid to high level enterprise environment.
- 36 months experience in creating and modifying Access databases