This is a hands–on technical assignment working for the Office of Information Technology Services on site at the New York State Police.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to support for desktop, laptop and peripheral hardware, COTS and agency specific software, and network connectivity. The individual selected for this position will carry out all IT support efforts. This position will serve as a liaison between the end-user and the technology team(s). The Candidate will provide service under all of the unit’s policies, guidelines and operational procedures.
Day to day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist end-user customers and resolve user’s technical problems
- Ghost PC’s when necessary
- Manage user accounts
- Maintain inventory
- Perform hardware repairs on PC’s and laptops
- Assist with minor phone changes or moves
- Research new technology as requested
- Set up and take down conference room technologies for vendors, presentations, training classes, etc.
- Work with Non-SP personnel to set up and maintain connections to their agencies
- Produce resource material as needed (ie. CDs/DVDs)
- Support multifunction and IP printers by troubleshooting connectivity issues, ordering supplies and placing repair orders
- Coordinate with Technology Customer Services Unit for:
- Ordering new equipment
- Disposing of old equipment
- Equipment repairs
Mid-Level IT Specialist
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
36-60 months (Mid-Level)
Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance.
- 36 months experience working with end-user clients to troubleshoot both software and hardware issues
- 24 months experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 or higher desktop operating systems
- 24 months experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (2003, 2010, 2013 and 2016) including but not limited to MS Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and Visio
- 12 months experience supporting and troubleshooting Citrix, Active Directory and Networking in a desktop environment
- 12 months experience working in a Help desk environment
- 12 months of experience creating or updating system support documentation
- A+ certification