Project: DMV Modernization
Government regulations drive these initiative requiring overhaul of our legacy silo applications to bring them into current architecture methodologies with improvement to quality and governance of our enterprise master data. Daily activities to include; guide project teams and create and maintain the necessary project documents including scope, schedule, communication plan, business requirements, business rules, and other necessary project documentation. Guiding and coordinating task completion by project team members. Provide project status reporting and issues/risk identification and mitigation.
- Will be completing status reports, status briefing, risk and issue identification and mitigation.
- Communication of project status and updates at all levels of organization, with internal stakeholders, project team and executive staff
- Development and maintenance of detailed project plan with milestones and detailed roll out plan.
- Development and maintenance of detailed project budget.
- Identification and maintenance of critical path and contingencies
- Risk monitoring, control and mitigation planning
- Resource allocation estimating and reporting
- Guide project teams to implement a new product
- Support and guidance for resulting business process changes
- Planning and support during training and transition
- Agency is an IBM shop
- Agency is a Windows server shop
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Expert Project Manager
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Expert 84+ Months:
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience with following an industry accepted Project Management methodology. List the methods used
- 84 months experience in the creation of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and project communications for multi-year/cross functional projects.
- 84 months experience in the creation of project management scopes, business cases, and/or project plans for multi-year/cross functional projects.
- 84 months experience in project management maintaining and managing a multi-year/cross functional project schedule including milestones and resources. Describe the goals of those projects.
- 84 months experience as Project Manager in a federal/state or public facing application project implementation.
- 60 months experience as a Project Manager for a business process reengineering project.
- 60 months experience managing projects with 15 or more project participants. Briefly explain the scope of those projects
Candidate will attend all New York State/GOER and Agency mandated training programs, including Internal Controls, Prevention of Workplace Violence, Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security
Agency staff will become large independent and self-sufficient during this engagement through weekly meetings. The Project Manager will be responsible for holding weekly status meetings, where review of the project plan, communications plan, issues and risks will continue to keep everyone informed of the project. At the end of the engagement, a transition meeting will be required to review any open items for the project. A list of open tasks must be submitted and
reviewed during the final transition meeting.