DMV Modernization - The Department of Motor Vehicles requires assistance with System Modernization projects that involves Web Accessibility expertise and auditing.
- Will perform extensive accessibility analysis and create documentation for new or existing transactions that will involve:
- Working independently or with other accessibility testers to assess web pages and documents (i.e., PDF) for conformance to established web accessibility standards (in particular WCAG 2.0 AA).
- Developing detailed reports explaining accessibility defects identified through an audit and suggest remediation methods/techniques.
- Reviewing results of assessment with developers, project team members, and management.
- Answering questions regarding testing methods and interpretation of the results.
- Creating comprehensive accessibility documentation for use by developers.
- Guidance and participation in developing an accessibility audit methodology.
- Participate in accessibility feedback to transaction and form designs.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Senior IT Specialist
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
Senior 60 - 84 Months:
Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and provides guidance to others. May have an advanced education.
- 72 months experience performing Web Accessibility Audits using assistive or automated technologies, such as JAWS, WAVE from WebAIM, NVDA, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Accessibility Checker
- 60 months experience in UI Accessibility testing
- 72 months experience in developing technical documentation
- 60 months experience performing Accessibility Audits against Digital Documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Web Pages)
- 72 months experience using and following Section 508 and Web Accessibility Initiative
- (WAI) guidelines and specifications–W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 A and AA), Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG), and Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG)