Since 1998, the NYCDOE has formally supported City schools with centrally administered projects to enhance and expand Internet access. The need for reliable network connection requires continual investment in next generation education technology platforms and is the focus of enhancing school technology infrastructure. Aging network equipment in schools is tracked through a life cycle management planning. Equipment updates are effectively planned by tracking aged equipment and consistently applying network standards within schools. This life cycle program ensures optimal performance, efficient management and minimization of downtime. Ideally, resources and funding for a technology refresh program are continually addressed, so that NYCDOE classrooms are equipped with appropriate digital connectivity.
- Plans and guide the network infrastructure Classroom Connectivity project.
- Creates and guide project plans with input from all stakeholders.
- Surveys school buildings to gather requirements for integration, cabling work and network hardware to be integrated
- Coordinates, directs and oversees installation of network infrastructure within school buildings.
- Serves as point of contact to the DOE Senior Project Manager of overall Classroom Connectivity project.
- Coordinates external meetings with schools and vendors as it relates to the delivery of infrastructure technical deployment services.
- Documents risks, issue and problem’s, updates status and resolution to project manager.
- Updates appropriates projects related documents.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Senior Project Manager
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Senior (60-84 Months)
Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and provides guidance to others. May have an advanced education.
- 60 months of teamwork experience & leadership abilities in network infrastructure deployment and implementation
- 72 months of network infrastructure deployment in the field
- 72 months project management experience in telecommunication and data network industry
- 60 months of experience in field project management of data network infrastructure installation and deployment
- 48 months experience using Microsoft Office such as Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel and Projects
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in computer science/telecommunications from an accredited college