Under the supervision of the Application Development, the .NET Application Developer is responsible for planning, designing, developing, installing, enhancing, testing, troubleshooting, integrating and supporting the distributed applications developed in the Microsoft .NET environment.
- Develops and implements phases of the computerized system development life cycle, including conceptual design, software development, testing, deployment, and post-implementation enhancements of applications utilizing Visual Studio .Net with SQL Server for data management and Active Directory for identity management, in accordance with Department of Education standards.
- Analyze requirements and data access needs and propose file and screen designs. Deploys the applications to multiple environments, from development through Quality Assurance, Staging and Production, and conduct unit and integration testing.
- Design and develop complex user interfaces using ASP.Net & Kendo/Telerik controls.
- Designs database tables utilizing import or export data from SQL Servers into other data sources on a daily basis through the development and coding of stored procedures and triggers, as needed.
- Utilizes Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, data collection, reporting and project tracking, testing and collaboration of project development.
- Develops SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and Web Services.
- Codes new objects (programs) in .net to meet the requirements of the Department of Education.
- Conducts user acceptance review sessions and collaborates with other team members to perform debugging.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Creates computer software. May specialize in one area of computer software or may write code for many kinds of software.
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 Months of experience designing and developing Web applications using Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, SQL Server, SharePoint
- 24 Months of experience in MVC, including Entity Framework, Telerik/Kendo controls
- 48 Months of experience with MS SQL Server, designing database tables, stored procedures and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- 24 Months of experience with .Net Web Services, WCF or Web API 7.5 10
- 24 Months of experience on Team Foundation Server (TFS) 3.75 5
- Bachelor’s Degree 3.75 5
- Microsoft or similar developer certifications