Under general supervision of a manager, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, will conduct automated and manual tests to ensure software performs adequately and meets the user requirements. The resource will understand the overall organizational landscape and technology and will plan, construct, and execute product tests, system tests, unit tests, load tests, volume tests, penetration and network tests. Candidate will work with others for release control processes or integrate with release control process. The resource will need to define test plan, develop and document use cases, along with documenting test results to align with test cases and plan.
- Design, develop, and create test plans and supporting test cases for computer systems and business applications based on business and functional requirements
- Execute manual and automated test cases
- Create, analyze, manage, and triage systems or software defects
- Troubleshoot technical system or software issues experienced during testing and exercise independent judgment and discretion to determine strong solutions
- Communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders
- Document potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues
- Provide daily and weekly status reporting
- Develop, document and maintain test cases and other test artifacts
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Conducts automated and manual tests to ensure that the software created/upgraded performs as necessary and meets the user requirements. Develops and maintains user and technical documentation and project process documentation for application teams. Understands the view of applications and/or technology and is able to put procedures in a logical sequence.
Expert 84+ Months:
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience in leading and performing QA testing efforts such as plan, construct, and execute product tests, system tests, unit tests, load tests, volume tests, penetration and network tests
- 84 months expertise in database testing in SQL server environments
- 84 months of experience with Microsoft Test Manager /Microsoft Coded UI or other testing suites
- 84 months of experience in creating detail-oriented test plans/cases
- 84 months of experience performing QA tasks within organization with structured SDLC (Software development lifecycle)
- 72 months of experience in process improvement and strategic planning
- 72 months of experience in coordinating testing efforts between development, project management and infrastructure teams
- 72 months of troubleshooting software issues during testing process and determine adequate solutions
- 72 months of documenting and maintaining test cases and other test artifacts in identified repositories
- Bachelor’s degree