Mid-Level Desktop Support position
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: COVID-19 IT SUPPORT
- Respond to all service requests. This position is critical as the facility directly supports a Nursing home with COVID patients.
- Use of LanSweeper, ITSM and remote desktop to provide level 2 technical support to over 4,000 DOH staff; monitoring work queues, opening, updating and closing ITSM Incidents.
- Document the details of a user request or issue, document the diagnostic steps performed when troubleshooting the issue and assist the user with resolution using existing procedures and documentation.
- Acts as single point of contact for users of the Department’s Information Technology (IT) services and directs questions and report problems regarding services and products.
- Installation of desktop hardware / peripherals and printers.
- Candidate expected to lift equipment that may weigh up to 50 lbs. and be required to run cables under furniture.
- Installation of individual software packages, as needed, for all users.
- Use of imaging software to roll-out.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Mid-Level IT Specialist:
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
Mid-Level 36 - 60 months
Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance.
- 36 months’ experience managing support requests on a Level 2 help desk.
- 36 Months experience resolving hardware and software issues and troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 applications and OS.
- 36 months’ experience utilizing VMware vSphere to remotely manage network servers
- 36 months experience using Remote Desktop and Active Directory
- 36 months’ experience configuring and installing Windows based hardware, peripherals, network printers and thin clients.
- 36 months experience supporting Microsoft Outlook
- 36 months experience working with Electronic Medical Record systems.
- 12 months experience working in a HIPPA facility
- 12 months experience working with Windows Remote Admin Tools
- Comptia A+ or similar certification