Daily tasks will include:
- Work with the DIIT (Division of Information and Instructional Technology) Data teams to facilitate the implementation of and maintenance of the DWH Data Architecture
- Support the needed analysis, architectural design, build, test and documentation of complex data conversion and integration solutions
- Architect user acceptance test activities for the data conversion and integration solutions
- Architect, design and develop ETL code using Microsoft's SSIS ETL tool for the definition, design, development, testing, deployment and support of the processes and programs necessary to extract, transform, and load data from the various data sources
- Architect, design and develop ETL code using Microsoft's SSIS ETL tool for the OPT transactional Application System
- Work with other data analysts, business users and IT professionals to ensure that architectural data requirements are met with the highest degree of integrity and efficiency that is practical and cost effective
- Ensure that architectural design documentation is captured, maintained, understood by and available to business and/or IT partners
- Participate in, or facilitate, business process, architectural sessions, and requirement sessions to ensure that all fully understand the requirements and the data necessary to support those requirements
- Perform architectural design, develop, test and manage ETL jobs to specifications and design
- Participate in focus group sessions as needed for information discovery on various architectural designs
- Define/understand the rules of the business data and the data's mapping between various systems
- Utilize experience in architecting and coding for Application ETL Design, Development and supporting solutions.
- Utilize design knowledge and experience in Microsoft's SSIS ETL and DOT NET technology
- Architect and code in various shell scripting languages
- Independently design and perform independent data research
- Independently architect, design, code test, and promote to production SSIS ETL, SQL, and Scripts
- Independently architecturally design, code test, and promote to production SQL using MS SQL Server
- Independently interface with various internal and external clients on a design and practical level
- Independently document architectural designs, codes, and test plans
- Independently troubleshoot ETL job and data issues
- Ability to re-architect existing ETL, data and process issues on an as needed basis
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
Expert Programmer: OPT Process Improvement project
Creates computer software. May specialize in one area of computer software or may write code for many kinds of software.
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 Months of experience in architecting complex SSIS ETL development and support
- 84 Months of experience coding complex ETL job architecture
- 84 Months of experience with the architecting of RDBMS concepts, architecting complex stored procedures, and architecting complex SQL in MS SQL Server
- 24 Months of experience architecting and coding application ETL design, development and supporting solutions
- 84 Months performing complex architecting designs while working with little to no supervision
- 24 Months of experience with architecture and code interfaces to DOT NET, XML, and MS Dynamic CRM
- 84 Months of architectural experience of Full Lifecycle Staging, ODS, Data Mart and DWH experience in ETL data integration
- 84 Months of experience in Shell/Power Shell/Bash Script program architecture and development.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university