This project will result in deployment, training and support of TraCS (Traffic and Criminal Software) to over 500 police agencies across the state of New York. This application is used for electronic traffic ticketing as well as incident and accident reporting
Day to day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist end-user customers and resolve user’s technical problems.
- Coordinate and Manage statewide software rollout for newest major release (1+ year rollout)
- Work with local law enforcement agencies to communicate requirements; coordinate implementation, schedule installation, and follow-up to ensure system is operational
- Assist in the setup and installation of TraCS software.
- Support and troubleshoot application issues.
- Coordinate and Conduct classroom style trainings to local police agencies.
- Develop training materials such as FAQs, how to guides, manuals, course curriculums, CD/DVDs.
- Conduct testing of application.
- Develop test plans for testing application.
- Create and Coordinate Install/Update Schedules.
- Install and Troubleshoot SPIDER Application.
- Install and Configure IIS/FTP for multiple operating systems.
- Setup, Test and Troubleshoot wireless solutions.
- Develop TraCS process flow for local agencies.
- Coordinate with Local Agency IT Staff for the implementation of TraCS.
NOTE: This position may be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. It may resume on-site when the pandemic is over.
IT Specialist (Expert)
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months of experience working with end users to troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
- 60 months of experience working in a second tier help desk environment.
- 36 months of experience in developing test plans and performing system level testing.
- 36 months of experience in mobile hardware solutions (Printers, scanners, GPS, etc.)
- 36 months of experience in conducting technical and end-user training in a classroom environment.
- 36 months of experience in developing technical and training materials.
- 24 months of experience supporting Traffic and Criminal Software in a law enforcement environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12 months of experience in configuring and troubleshooting wireless devices.