Medical Marijuana Program
In July 2014, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature enacted the Compassionate Care Act. This project will implement that law by providing a comprehensive, safe and effective medical marijuana program that meets the needs of New Yorkers. The program will ensure that medical marijuana is available for certified patients with serious conditions and is dispensed and administered in a manner that protects public health and safety.
Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with program staff to analyze and document business and reporting requirements, business / workflow processes, data flows, and system interfaces.
- Work with developers, data analysts, and contractors on gap analysis and logical design.
- Work with business, developers, analysts, and testers to ensure completeness of test plans and test scenarios.
- Develop all or portions of the following project artifacts as needed using MS Office and Visio: Business Requirements Priority Matrix, Business Requirements Document, Gap Analysis Document, Functional / Technical Specifications, Use Cases, Screen and Interface Design Document, others as identified.
- Compile reports and activity status as requested by the project manager.
- Work well in a matrixed team structure, often facilitating multi- disciplinary teams, translating business/program subject matter information into project artifacts.
- Mentor and train junior and mid-level business analysts.
- Prepare and execute a knowledge transfer.
- Follow enterprise, cluster level, department level, and division level directives, best practices, standards, and methodologies, as appropriate or requested.
Expert Business Analyst
Analyzes an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology with distinct deliverables to a solution.
Expert (84+ Months):
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience as a Business Analyst working on software enhancements or new development project(s) gathering and prioritizing business requirements with users and documenting business requirements.
- 84 months experience with analysis and documentation of complex business rules, workflow processes, and re-engineering business processes.
- 84 months experience leading meetings and facilitating requirements sessions with business/program subject matter experts including functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and security requirements.
- 84 months experience with all phases of application development including requirements analysis, design and development, data conversion scenarios, testing, and maintenance of systems with more than 10 use cases and reports.
- 72 months experience with creating and developing documentation: business requirements, business and system process flows, swim lane diagrams, use cases, user interface mockups, user documentation, and technical specifications.
- 36 months experience with Visio, Balsamiq, and/or other tools for creating and maintaining process flows and wireframes.