Medical Marijuana Program
In July 2014, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature enacted the Compassionate Care Act. This project will implement that law by providing a comprehensive, safe and effective medical marijuana program that meets the needs of New Yorkers. The program will ensure that medical marijuana is available for certified patients with serious conditions and is dispensed and administered in a manner that protects public health and safety.
The Software Architect activities and responsibilities that will be required in this project include but are not limited to:
- Makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Designs multi-leveled architecture or component interactions of a large-scale software system.
- ITS staff will provide orientation and guidance so that the consultant can get an understanding of the applications he/she will support and the environment in which he/she will work.
- Program staff will provide informal user training so that the consultants can get an understanding of the applications from an end user perspective.
- The NYS Governor's Office of Employee Relations (GOER) sets mandatory training requirements that must be completed by full- time, part-time, seasonal, per diem employees, and consultants. Examples include but are not limited to: Security Awareness, Preventing Sexual Harassment and Preventing Workplace Violence. By taking these courses all state employees will be informed of important policies and procedures that affect day-to- day operations and interactions to achieve an overall better workforce and environment.
- There may be additional Department of Health (DOH) and/or Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) agency-specific mandated training.
Windows Workstation Java/Oracle
Expert Software Architect:
Makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Designs multi-leveled architecture or component interactions of a large-scale software system.
Expert Level – 84+ Months
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months of experience in Oracle Siebel configuration
- 84 months of experience using Siebel Integration objects
- 84 months of experience using Siebel for web services
- 12 months of experience using Open UI
- 12 months of experience designing solutions using Siebel Public Sector
- 12 months of experience using Oracle BI Publisher