The New York State Board of Elections (SBOE) is seeking an expert-level Systems Administrator with extensive hardware and software management experience to serve as the contract administrative lead for the NYS Board of Elections' infrastructure. In addition to daily system administration responsibilities, this individual will participate with, and sometimes guide, other areas of SBOE IT in evaluation, testing, and implementation of new initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, servers, storage, software, directory services, networking, and cloud technologies.
Expert Systems Administrator:
Secure Elections Infrastructure project Maintains the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers. Ensures that the uptime, performance, resources and security of the computers he or she manages meet the needs of the users.
Expert Level: 84+months,
Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience in Windows Server Administration and troubleshooting in a virtualized environment
- 84 months managing a virtual infrastructure using VMware (including troubleshooting and host upgrades)
- 60 months administering BizTalk servers, including configuration and troubleshooting and associated SQL services in a clustered environment
- 60 months administering Veeam software, including Backup and Replication and Veeam Availability Orchestrator
- 60 months configuring, managing, maintaining and troubleshooting IIS servers
- 36 months administering Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- 36 months administering multi factor authentication software (MFA) including SAML and single sign-on implementation
- Please submit copy of degree, if applicable.